Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well not much has changed since my last post.

It has snowed a couple of times, as it is today also. But the snow has melted away just as quick as it came. Looks very pretty while it's snowing but......I've had enough. Either it needs to snow a couple of feet or just stop all together! Five more days until the state is to start plowing Rt. 67 so we can drive out of here. I can't wait-I need a fresh salad and some ice cream!!

I've started going through the freezer to see what is left...to much. But that is good so I can do better next winter on figuring what we need. Today I'm making wheat bread again and garlic butter. Think I will make some cookies too while I have the oven on.

I've used the pressure cooker and I love it. Finally we can have baked beans that are almost as good as Moms. I cooked some beef stew meat the other day too for stroganoff. The meat was so tender. I would love to make some beef stew today in the pressure cooker but I've run out of potatoes so I'm still debating with myself to make it using noodles. The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to make it.

I surprised Gary on Tuesday. It was 52nd birthday and I made Red Velvet Cake for him like I always do. It came out almost perfect! (I'm getting this high altitude down pat now!) It calls for buttermilk and he knew I didn't have any so he was not expecting his favorite cake, but ...I have powdered buttermilk! We had supper next door and all 6 of us enjoyed a nice evening together.

Well that's it for now, back to the kitchen.

No comments: