Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've got to get to town!

Cabin fever has set in. I'm counting the days till the road will be all plowed and I can get out of here for awhile.

In the mean time I'm baking and cooking way to much. I made wheat bread on Thursday and will need to make more by this Wed or Thur. I also made chocolate chip cookies on Thursday. Today I made a blueberry pie, to use them up. I ended up with one 9" pie and two 4" pies and of course I had to make cinnamon rolls too with the left over dough. I've kept the 9" pie and some cinnomon rolls but gave the rest away. The other people here need to be gaining weight too. (See I'm trying to use up as much as I can of my winter stock since I won't be cooking this summer and I don't really have any place to store much.) I'm just going to have to start walking to take care of all these extra calories! Ya right.........

Yesterday I made home baked beans and still have lots of them left over. Today I thought of making macaroni & cheese with a pork tenderlion for supper.

The guy that was working in the retail warehouse last year was coming back to be my assistant, but Friday I got an email saying he's not coming back. Now I will have to train 2 people instead of one to help me. Come April 1st. I'm going to the warehouse and start doing things-paid or not, I need to get away from food! And there is alot of stuff to do down there so I might as well get started and get myself acquainted before I try to train someone else where things will go. Besides I want to be able to make a shopping list for the warehouse so in 8 days when the road is all plowed (hopefully) I can get some supplies to get me started.

The winds is really blowing hard tonight. Gary says he saw snowflakes too.

No comments: