Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, Monday!

Another Monday and another exceptionally sunny, beautiful day! And alot more bare ground showing.


Notice the coyote just in front of the tree? He comes around every day.

Our 6 working snowmobiles. It seems like alot of snow doesn't it?

But.....

I'm getting more excited about Thursday getting here. It will be our first trip off the Rim this winter! With so little snow I'm not so sure about going by snowmobiles, but we have no choice. We don't use the snowmobiles to go to work every day any more but the road out (48 miles) has not been plowed so we will have to go by snowmobiles. We've been told we will have some farly large areas that we will have to cross with no snow so to keep an eye on the temperature of the machines and take plenty of rest stops for the machines to cool off. And.... go as fast as possible on the bare ground!

So what am I going to do today??? I'm not going to work again for lack of things for me to do..but that's OK cause I have plenty to do here at home. Got to clean the apartment real good and start looking at what and how I'm going to pack for Thursday. We have a large shopping list that includes clothing so I've been thinking we really won't have to take much with us. With the positions that we have for the summer season I don't know when we will have another chance to go out and get our uniforms and such, so we might as well get all that stuff this trip out. We can leave most of it in the truck until the road gets plowed and we have a chance to go get our RV.

Saturday I made bread from scratch and it came out GREAT. I should have been doing it all winter instead of using the bread machine. Well at least I know for next winter that I can make it all winter long. The wheat bread actually came out better than the white!
Well time to get to work on packing!
Have a great week :D

No comments: