Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm so bored at work. I had 46 customers or rather people that popped in. It is COLD up here today! The key chain thermometers inside the store say it is 50-60* but I don't think so. It's only 37 outside with the wind blowing. All I have for heat is 4 little 5 in. square heaters and the one at the register keeps shutting off the power cord. I think I have solved that problem by plugging it in directly to a big outlet. Now if I can keep from tripping over it! The wind is trying hard to push the door open which does not help keep me warm.

Gary's the only maintenance guy around today. Mike went to Cedar City to get the snowmobiles. Only 4 though and there are 6 of us here to use them. We are suppose to be getting 8 so that we can have 2 in case of break downs and we are suppose to have at least one down at Jacob Lake in case we are out and it snows so much we can't get back in by truck. Brian is off for the day.

Yesterday I made up menus for the winter. I figure if I can come up with 30 different meals then I can just figure 6 times each meal to know what I need to be getting. We bought a small chest type freezer last week and 25 lbs each of bread flour, regular flour, pinto beans, rice and 20 lbs of sugar along with canned things and a bread machine. I already had $150 worth of canned veggies from the bulk sale at Honey's Jubilee in Kanab. I must have 40 cans of tuna fish too since I had a case and then about 10 in the camper and Nancy gave me 24 when she left the mountain.

OH that's better...I just took a thermal shirt of the rack and went in back and put it on under my long sleeve white shirt & winter sweater vest. Now I'm a bit warmer :D And it was a marked down shirt too so it did not cost me much.

Today I am looking online to find out how to freeze things and do more figuring for my shopping trip on Thursday. I love celery and use it alot and have been beating my brains trying to figure how to freeze it so it won't be mushy. I think I have found the site that will help me alot. Kristal told me about it. "Pickyourown.org" and it tells about freezing too.

Well it's time for me to have some lunch. I got this electric tea pot (from Nancy) that boils water in minutes and is great for here to make raman noodles and those other "just add water" soups. My day is 3/7th over and I have had 12 people pop in!
Here some of the pictures of the 6th plex.
The living room (just moving in) the pantry with our freezer
and the kitchen. I did not realize just how much stuff the RV had in it until I started bringing things over to the 6th plex.
Definately this winter I have to get rid of alot of "things". (That is James in the pictures.)

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Wow. How's it feel to have so much space? I want a pantry like that {or maybe even bigger}!