Friday, June 6, 2008

Zion Pictures

When you go to Zion National Park you drive for about an hour at 30 mph if coming from Kanab,UT. This picture was taken while driving from the south side to the north side of Zion. Zion Park is about rock formations and canyons formed by water and wind erosion.
Driving from Zion Park to Kanab, UT. There are these windows in the tunnel that goes through the mountain. Hard to get good pictures when you can not actually stop while driving.
My hands are out because I'm catching the water that is dripping from the rock cliff I'm in. Above me is all rock and and looks like someone cut part of the mountain away but actually it is natural and they call this The Weeping Rock. Water seeps through the Limestone but once it reaches the slate in the mountain it can't seep through anymore and drips out causeing a delicate garden of hanging plants to grow above my head. And this picture of Gary is the same place. (Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate the picture)


This is called the checker board.
I've got more pictures but they aren't that good so you will have to wait until we go again.




1 comment:

Kristal said...

I recognized all these places immediately! I have pictures of all three places myself from when Chris and I were first married :D

Oh, and you have to rotate your pics before you upload them to blogger. You can rotate them on your camera before you even download them to the computer (I know cuz I've played with your camera!)