Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's Summer here in the Canyon!

It's officially summer up here at the Grand Canyon North Rim. Every day we have from 2 to 6 bus loads of people from all over the globe. Last week we had a bunch of different boy scout troops and this week seems like it's Oriental Week.


At 5AM on the dot I woke up this morning, wide awake. So I thought, why not go check my emails and other things. As I was walking up the street to the EDR building I was accompanied by about 15 mule deer grazing on the lawns surrounding the employee housing. They were about 10 feet from me and really didn't care that I was there. By 6AM I was going back to the camper and tried to go to sleep on the couch. Of course just as I finally got to sleep Gary got up. At 7, Mike-Gary's boss, came by to let him know he could go to forklift class if he wanted at 8 and get paid for it but Gary decided he wanted his day off so we went for a ride.


We wanted to go to the Kaibab Lodge for breakfast but once we got there all they had was a continental breakfast so we just got back into the Blazer and started exploring. We spent 4 hours on dirt roads to get these pictures.


















That's Gary out there on the ledge.














1 comment: