Friday, June 13, 2008

They're dropping like flies!

We have or should have, about 300 people working here at any given time. But it seems that alot of people just can't take it up here. Every day we have someone quitting or getting fired for one reason or another. And everyday it seems we have new ones coming in.

This is a very unorganized place this year. It's a new company running things and I believe they bit off a bit more than they anticipated. This company has many resorts already but non as large as The Grand Canyon North Rim. The last cook to quit the Lodge, yesterday, said he had 181 hours in 2 weeks! No wonder he quit. Anyways Gary really loves his job and I only like mine. I'm the Tee-shirt lady and I don't get the shirts I need and it seems noone can order the right ones, ect......Mostly I count the shirts and ask for more, but don't get more, and try to keep as many on the floor as possible for the customers. Of course we don't even have the shirt that everyone wants-Rim to Rim, or North Rim. Most just say Grand Canyon.

It's very frustrating and I really would rather be driving the shuttle van to St. George or Page. I've had alot of people come up to me and ask when I'm going to drive again because the other drivers scare them! Imagine that, my driving doesn't scare anyone around here! Well I am older and do take it easier now too. :)

No comments: