Friday, October 24, 2008

Everyone is GONE!!!!

I cleaned out the desk and got it organized this morning. Got the bank all squared away. (I have signed for $5000) Started making my list of what to bring back up from the warehouse. We had to have inventory at the end of the regular season-Oct. 15- so now I can restock the store.
I also have to sell the left over candy, chips, drinks and cigs from the general store so making room for all that is challenging. And keeping it stocked is very challenging since that is all the food that anyone can purchase for 20 miles or maybe 45 is Kaibab General Store and Lodge are closed.

I signed for the Gift Shop keys at 8AM and got the keys for the truck at lunch time. Nikolai was just hanging around till tomorrow so he can leave so I made him come to work and he brought all the cases of drinks down to the store and stacked them in the Native room which is now empty. No more expensive jewerly till May 09. Tomorrow I spend the first hour or so writing down what I brought up today before I can put in out on the floor so when inventory is done again in the spring everything will be accounted for. (No we don't have scanners, that would make life so much easier! After all we only did $2,000,000 worth of sales in 6 months.)












All of that from the "Cashier" back has been taken down also and room dividers have been put in front of the cashier "bull pen" so that the shelves with pottery can still be on display for sale.


My RV is so messy and crowded. Since we are staying for the winter everyone decided to give me their left overs. I have about 5 things of laundry detergent, 4 bottles of Dawn, 12 extra cans of tuna fish (I had just bought a case for the winter myself!) Cleaning supplies, towels, ect..... And I can not get anything organized because I have no place to put anything. Everything I leave outside has to be weather proof as it is getting quite chilly at night now. I don't know how much room we will have in the six plex apartment and we can not move into it until after Nov. 1. (It better not snow or get freezing cold until then as we may not be able to get the RV off the mountain if it snows to much.)
Time for bed, got alot to do tomorrow and have to be out of the store by 4:15 to go to dinner at Jacob Lake with Philip and Louise!














2 comments:

Kristal said...

Busy, busy! Philip and Louise are up there? How come? Sounds fun and I really miss you guys!

Edie Keysar said...

First chance they have had to get up here all summer. They want us to come down for Thanksgiving, most likely can since we have Wed. & Thur off now. Miss you too!