Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HISTORY WAS MADE TODAY!

History was made today! Barack Obama was sworn into office of the President of the United States of America, the first black american. I had the chance to listen to everything on the radio while painting another cabin up here on the North Rim. Then when I got home I watched it all over again on the TV. I really liked his speach and can only hope that we as a people of the United States will take his words to heart and pick ourselves up and get on with living and working to make the best of everyone. I'm not a big politician at all but today was special indeed. Only time will tell if he can accomplish things he has said he would.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I watched it at work. I gota phone call right as he was taking the oath..WTH?!! I figured everyone would be watching or listening that could, not calling me for directions they could've gotten on mapquest!