Thursday, December 11, 2008

All Alone

How long has it been since I had a day off without Gary?......To long!

We had to take the truck to Jacob Lake this morning and leave it there for the winter. The big winter storm we have been waiting for is suppose to arrive Saturday. I needed to go to town first, get some things and go to the Post Office with all my Christmas cards. When we got back from doing all that I stayed home for the afternoon and Gary went to work. Did I just relax and enjoy the alone time? Well not really. I reorganized my pantry closet with the little frig and freezer. Now I can open the frig door and actually get to things. Most of the canned goods were still in the case box so all that was not bad to move. I discovered some things I forgot I had too. And I got most of these things just over a month ago! I cleaned up the front coat closet space too. That was GREAT! I was so tired of having the boots and winter things just scattered. After 32 years you would think I would realize Gary was not going to put anything away and just do it all myself without putting it off for so long.

Anyways, all that moving and exercise got my achey muscles feeling better. Achey muscles? Yes, I started painting the dorms. Yesterday I did the hall walls of 1 of the dorms. Up, down and sitting on the floor to do the baseboard area with carpeting up the wall instead of baseboard. The painters tape won't stick to the carpet so I ended up doing it all by hand and I must say I did a good job, very few places with paint on the carpet. And you have to get close to even see it. If a really tall ladder can be found for me tomorrow I will finish the walls in that dorm and move everything to another dorm. I've got to find a way to slow down or I will have all the painting done by the end of this year!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Pictures?! Snow? I'm really missing snow this year. Never thought that would happen so quickly - only 3 yrs.